Sunday, February 24, 2013

Withdrawal...

I don’t know how others are , but in my case if I have a longer fishing break, I become agitated, go into withdrawal, I’m sick. I tried to compensate the fishing during the last weeks with fly tying, what is great but I still miss the kick you get when a 2-3 lbs. fish is on the other end of the line. I decided to take a walk on the rivers shore after work and to take some pictures. A cold wind was blowing, strips of snow where spread here and there over the frozen ground. From time to time some rays made it trough the cloudy sky but not for too long. The water was clean but still high with no activity on the surface what is normal for this part of the year.





When I arrived on the shore it was like meeting an old friend. The stream didn’t changed much after the high water last month. I peered the shallow water in search for fish without luck. Some gulls where flying in small circles over the water surface. I reviewed the places where I caught nice fish last year, let my thoughts slide back in time and enjoyed again the drills played again and again in my mind.



After almost an hour, went home thinking about the surprises the stream will reserve me this year… making plans…and the wind was blowing cold and icy.

4 comments:

  1. Love the last picture. No fish yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:)! On the Danube starting with the 1st of May but there are some other rivers in the area that will be open from the 1st of March. Can't wait;)

      Delete
  2. I begin really to love Flyfishing, very nice pics & blog
    regards Saviz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Saviz, we have to do some fly fishing this year together, no matter if it will be in fresh or salt water !:)

      Delete