Thursday, March 15, 2018

R.I.P. Lefty Kreh (1925-2018)

Yesterday, 14.03.2018 one of the most prolific fly fishing stars faded away. Lefty Kreh died at the age of 93. Most of us watched his videos, read his books and tied his fly patterns. For those who never heard about Lefty, he was a fly fisherman, photographer, and casting instructor, a pioneer of saltwater fly fishing. In his long life, Lefty wrote over 30 books about fly fishing, casting and fly tying. His most famous pattern is his deceiver fly, that he designed in the late 50's as a streamer that would be easy to cast in wind and would not foul. 


His prolific fly fishing and fly tying activity inspired me a lot. I prepared myself for my first saltwater fly fishing trips with his books that I can recommend to every fly fisherman. I love to fish the deceiver and caught great fish on it. For me, Lefty will always be a shiny star on the firmament of fly fishing.
Rest in peace Lefty, wherever you'll be right now...  

1 comment: