Wednesday, July 31, 2013

A New Toy - Double Handed Fly Rod

I'm a fly fisherman since many years without to bother much about 2 handed rods and shooting heads. Did I started this kind of fishing only cause it's popularity increased even here in Europe? Definitely not! The many movies I watched and articles I read about it, had been just a trigger to the requirements imposed by the water. The advantages are huge when there's no space for false casts, fish are far from the shores and somewhat in comparison with the single handed rod after you make your cast, let the flies get downstream on the swing, you have more time to observe what's happening around and for example you can easily handle your pipe if you're a pipe smoker (laugh). Although I'm just at the beginning of this chapter, I try to use the 2 handed rod as often as possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment