Monday, June 16, 2014

Day Of The Cyprinids

Finally after almost two weeks since the last fishing, I got one day off. After many hours of work in the emergency room and less than 3 hours of sleep, I went with my colleague Dr. O to the chosen water. Since the last rain, waters cleared up and the day promised to be torrid. The chosen area is rich in fish, salmonids and cyprinids. After we parked the car not far from the river, we prepared the rods and entered the water. My heart beat shot up and fingers began to shake while tying a wet fly when I sighted a first rising fish. I didn’t had to wait much for the first fish. It was the first time in my life when I managed to catch a bream on the fly. Actually the day was dedicated entirely to cyprinids. Big chub attacked both large foam grasshoppers on the surface and heavy nymphs on the bottom. Another highlight of the day was a sneep on the fly. Some roach followed on the catch list. We head a great day, diversity of fish, but also diversity of used flies. Enjoy the pictures.















No comments:

Post a Comment