Monday, June 30, 2014

Nymphing For Cyprinids - Part II

As I told you a few days ago, I had a lot of fun with the cyprinids. To catch this fish I used heavy nymphs. One of the patterns is a black pheasant tail with a heavy silver tungsten BH and a flash back. First time I saw this nymph it was a few years ago in Northern Italy in one of the fly fishing shops from Bolzano. During the years I used it a lot with success also in Germany.




The second nymph is a real orange devil, one of the heaviest nymphs I ever tied. The whole body is made of thick lead wire, colored with porcelain paint and an orange BH. It is a great nymph for catching fish on the bottom of the river. This orange thingy is reaching the ground also in fast streams without any problems. It can be deadly when you're fishing for barbel, chub and sneep. I'll show you soon how you can tie such a submarine ! I read about this pattern on the blog of a french fly fisherman also a few years ago, I tied some and it turned out to be a real joker. 



No comments:

Post a Comment